Celebrate Your Achievement
We can help. Downtown Inc provides ribbon-cutting services for businesses located within Downtown York at no cost. If you would like more information, email us!
Ribbon Cutting Policies
YCEA & Downtown Inc will organize ribbon-cutting ceremonies only for businesses located within the Business Improvement District (DI) or as a Member (YCEA). Special exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Ribbon cutting ceremonies are reserved for new businesses (within 6 months of opening), newly renovated businesses, and milestone anniversaries.
- Businesses must have an occupancy permit and completed inspections from the City of York before requesting a ribbon cutting ceremony with Downtown Inc. To access the necessary materials from the City of York, click here.
- Businesses must request a ribbon-cutting ceremony at least two weeks in advance of the anticipated ribbon cutting ceremony.
- YCEA & Downtown Inc reserves the right to decline the suggested date. In these cases, YCEA & Downtown Inc will suggest an alternative date and explain why it is making the recommendation. With very limited special exceptions, all ribbon cuttings are scheduled during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:00pm, and before 2pm on First Fridays.
- YCEA & Downtown Inc prefers to avoid scheduling multiple ribbon cutting ceremonies on the same day. Dates are first come, first serve. Special exceptions may be made on a case-by-case example. Ex: Multiple vendors opening during the same week in Central Market.
To request a ribbon-cutting ceremony, please fill out the form below. But first, please give our ribbon-cutting policies a look. They might answer some questions you have ahead of time.
Brewery Products Partnership
Enhance your Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with beverages from Brewery Products! Any downtown business or merchant may order samples, cases, or kegs to offer to customers during their special event or activity. Choose from a variety of adult seltzers, beer, cider, and more. Brewery Products will deliver the beverages, including tapping equipment when necessary, directly to your business. Businesses are responsible for serving the beverages to customers and paying for the product. Please contact Vicki Stambaugh, Event Coordinator with Brewery Products at firstname.lastname@example.org to organize the addition of Brewery Products at your next event.