Three years ago, the York County Economic Alliance and Downtown Inc joined together in a strategic affiliation. Two weeks ago, members of the Downtown Inc and YCEA teams attended the Pennsylvania Downtown Center’s Townie award ceremony to receive acknowledgment for our affiliation, “Together for the Better: a Story of Collaboration.”
We are incredibly proud of what our joint team has been able to accomplish in the past 3 years.
- $140,00+ raised in private funds raised and allocated directly to downtown businesses in the form of Bloom grants to support their growth, and we’ve prioritized grants to women and minority-owned businesses.
- We helped guide millions of dollars in YoCo Strong Restart grants to downtown businesses through extensive, multi-lingual, door-to-door outreach to businesses.
- We’ve provided technical assistance to more than 300 businesses thanks to a team who will take a call, text, or email any time of day.
- We’ve provided 100+ businesses owners and entrepreneurs with free, high-quality educational opportunities through our Bloom Business Development Courses in partnership with Crispus Attucks and other partners.
- We’ve launched new promotional initiatives such as Downtown Dash, a Coffee Crawl, and a Taco Tour to celebrate our great businesses.
- We’ve raised private funds to light our courthouse domes and historic facades in Continental Square.
- We’ve supported our amazing business community throughout the pandemic and seen a net growth in businesses within the BID despite COVID.
- We’ve got $100+ million in development projects underway in the downtown that will be catalysts for economic growth.
- We’ve taken the best practices honed in Downtown York and worked to expand support to our historic boroughs throughout York County.
- And much much more.
It’s very easy to focus on what we’ve yet to achieve. But it’s also important to have moments like this when Downtown York, Downtown Inc, and YCEA receive praise from our counterparts throughout the state.