Downtown Inc assists merchants in organizing and promoting First Friday, sponsored by WellSpan. Merchants should note the event information deadlines below, and plan accordingly.
First Friday Resources
First Fridays are an exciting way to drum up business and we’re here to help you plan, execute, and support your promotions.
Promotional information is due the Friday (one week) prior to each First Friday. Submit your promotions via this form. Promotions received by the deadline will be included in Downtown Inc’s First Friday Facebook event page, the Downtown Inc First Friday webpage, and in a press release sent to local media.
First Friday Grant Program
Downtown Inc offers First Friday Grants averaging $200 each month to select businesses within the Business Improvement District each month thanks to our sponsor, Wellspan Health. Funds may be used for activities, entertainment, refreshments, promotional giveaways, or other items that would enhance the overall First Friday experience for downtown visitors. Priority is given to live music/entertainment, creative activities, and community collaboration. If you have any questions, contact Hannah Beard, Downtown Inc Marketing & Merchant Engagement Manager.
2024 Grant Schedule
to Be Announced Soon!
Becoming a First Friday Vendor
Submit a Beaver Street Vendor Form
How to Plan Your own First Friday Block Party
- Apply for a block party 30 days prior to your event using this form.
- Coordinate vendors, entertainment, or other various types of programming for your block/district.
- If any food vendors will be set up, the vendor will need to fill out and submit a permit through the City’s website.
- Event organizers are in charge of deciding if they will be putting vendor fees in place for anyone setting up on First Friday. If fees will be collected, the merchant group will be in charge of setting fee amounts and collecting fees.
- Purchase “No Parking” signs and hang them 24 hours in advance.
- Follow the City of York street closure procedures that will be communicated to the permit holder prior to the event.
- Share their plans with Downtown Inc so we are able to promote them.
Permit Reimbursement Program
Neighborhood groups and business owners within the Business Improvement District (BID) are encouraged to apply for their own street closure permits using this form through the City of York and selecting ‘Block Party’. Downtown Inc will reimburse/pay for up to 3 street closure permits in the BID per month on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no restriction on how many months a group can apply for reimbursement.
First Friday Flags and Decals
Businesses who regularly participate in First Friday are also eligible to receive a First Friday flag at no cost courtesy of Downtown Inc. You will need to provide your own flag pole. Please email email@example.com to request a flag.
Downtown Inc is now offering First Friday window decals for Downtown York businesses. Each sticker includes a QR code that enables First Friday visitors to scan and access the full listing of monthly First Friday events. To request your window decal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Friday Partnership with Brewery Products
Enhance your First Friday event with beverages from Brewery Products! Any downtown business or merchant may order samples, cases, or kegs to offer to customers during their First Friday special event or activity. Choose from a variety of adult seltzers, beer, cider, and more. Brewery Products will deliver the beverages, including tapping equipment when necessary, directly to your business. Businesses are responsible for serving the beverages to customers and paying for the product.